The most stylish manicure trends for the summer of 2019 include simple models and small artworks that come in classical or bold colors. A woman’s manicure is no longer seen just as a necessity, but as the ultimate proof of coquetry, which says a lot about her and her personality. While some women prefer simple models with short nails and classic colors, others like to wear accessories on their nails and vibrant colors as well. Below you will find more than 130 summer nail colors suited for this year’s summer season. A simple and stylish nail pattern with a fine metallic application has the power to pull you out of anonymity. In addition, nude nail colors never get out of fashion.
1. Matte bright blue summer nails
2. Nails painted like the sea
3. Pale pink gel or acrylic nails
4. Baby pink nails with patterns
5. Black nails with heart rate pattern
6. Fresh nail look with two colors
7. Three summer nail colors combined
8. Pastel hues combined in a gradient manner
9. Nails that talk about a green summer
10. Hot pink accent nails
The way we paint our nails is, without a doubt, done according to each season. If it is spring, then we choose warm nail colors, while in the summer we choose bright colors, and during both autumn and winter we obviously go for darker shades.
11. Must try nail polishes for the summer
12. Salmon nails for vacation
13. Sea foam green on nails
14. Matte sea foam green for nails
15. Bright yellow nails to attract attention
16. Accent nails with a flower design
17. Pink accent nails with roses
18. Nude nail polishes and golden glitter
19. Matte peach nails with accent lines
20. Artistic roses painted on nails
2019’s Summer Trends for Nails
When it comes to nails, summer is the best season to play with colors, to have courage to try the unusual, to discover new original designs, and to dare give something new a chance.
Specialists say that this summer you can opt for marble, glitter, large crystals, degrade, transfer film, pigment and artistic designs when it comes to doing your nails.
Sought After Summer Nail Colors
This summer’s nail colors recommended by fashionistas are: white, powdery pink, light gray, red, nude, black and blue, yellow, orange, turquoise, pink and purple, which, let’s not forget, is the color of 2018. Multicolored nails are also en vogue this summer!
Ombre manicure is extremely demanding and effective too. It is important to combine the summer nail colors correctly and then this type of manicure will surely become one of your favorites. French manicure will always be among the most sought-after models, for the simple fact that it does not get out of fashion, it is elegant and simplistic.
21. Summer in each different nail
22. Baby pink nails with stickers
23. Ombre nails from orange to punch
24. A combination of complementary colors
25. Very light blue and glittery accent nail
26. Accent nails with colorful flowers
27. Pastel green long nails
28. Gel nails decorated with summery motifs
29. Peach nail polish on gel nails
30. Neon yellow never fails to attract admirers
Nude Nails – This trend was taken from make-up
Nude shades remain fashionable in nail polish as well as in make-up. The simplicity of this trend is associated with elegance. In addition, there are shades that you can wear anywhere, regardless if your skin is tanned or not.
Bright Pink Nails – Avoid pearl pink
Coloring your nails bright pink goes this summer too. This particular hue look amazing on a tanned skin, so it cannot go out of fashion. Even so, it’s not the most desirable color for nails this summer.
31. Flamingo nails with crystal ornaments
32. Pearly white nails with one glittery accent
33. Latte nails with one glittered nail
Glitter can be worn on all fingers, or just on a nail or two. Moreover, it can be added to the base or tip of the nail. What’s great about glitter is that it creates a bright effect when it comes in contact with the sun’s rays.
34. Almond nails and one pineapple drawing
35. Discreet turns bright from one nail to the other
36. Summer expressed through pineapple drawings
37. Shiny purple acrylic nails
38. Nail accessories glued on pastel nails
39. The sea world on nails
40. Palm tree design on nails
Blue Nails – This summer’s revelation
Blue is among this year’s summer nail colors recommended by specialists. The most sought-after nuances are pale blue and electric blue.
Purple Nails – Summer nail colors include purple
Pale purple, dark purple, the color of lavender, and many other types of purple are suited for a combination with a long and vaporous dress.
41. Nude colors compliment the summer heat
42. Neon pink and one glitter accent
43. Cherry blossoms foretell the summer
44. Copper glitter compliments the white/pale pink combination
45. Nail polish variety to choose from this summer
46. Almond/purple shiny nails
47. Carnation pink nails with shiny accessories
48. Choose green to match the environment
49. Navy nails for the sailor in you
50. Nude nails combined with metallic touches
New Gray and Old Black Nails
This time, we cannot say that gray is the new black, because black nail polish stays too. The gray hues suited for summer nail colors are bright, dusty or metallic. Black goes mostly for short nails, regardless of what you see on runways. You have to separate art from daily manicure.
Warm Shades of Red on Nails
It’s said that red will never go out of fashion either. This summer, choose warm tones of red, which are close to orange and that were also trendy last summer. These light nail colors are suited for the day, and dark red, as well as Bordeaux for the evening.
51. Dark bubble gum nails
52. Elegant pearly white nails
53. A shade of shiny orange
54. Baby blue nails perfect for summer
55. Simple manicure with a pastel shade
56. A very bright sunset on nails
57. Palm trees as popular summer symbols
58. Fancy mermaid nail design
59. Summer interpretation of the French manicure
60. Tenderly hue for short, summer nails
Gold on Nails
Having nails covered with golden leafs or gold nail polish is one of the main trends this summer. Not everyone has the courage to adopt it, but nothing makes the bronze of the skin more visible than gold. This hue should remind you of the luxury of exclusive fashion. Moreover, you should know that it is not recommended to display such a manicure when wearing a cotton jersey for example. Gold is a pretentious hue.
Neon Shades and Glitter Nails
Since 2010 any neon color goes for your nails. This is because neon nails often match summer outfits more than others. You can look at them as colorful accessories for your nails. What’s even greater about these bright, shiny colors is the fact that you can combine them, and paint each nail differently.
Glitter nail polish is also a hit. The color of the nail lacquer is not that important though. What’s important is to have glitter in it! Hollywood stars love glitter nails because it’s like wearing sophisticated jewelry on each finger.
61. A combination of matte nail polish and glitter
62. Acrylic or gel nails with painted daisies
63. Flowers painted on short nails
64. White and colorless minimalist design
65. Sea motifs carefully painted on nails
66. Advanced geometrical patterns on nails
67. Lavender nails for a light look
68. Perfect nails in one color
69. Light nail lacquer for simple nails
70. Flawless nails painted in one summer color
Nail Polish with Metallic Effect
For those events that take place in the evening, you can safely opt for metallic shades. You can apply gold, silver, chrome on the entire surface of the nail, at the base, just on the tips, half nail or on the middle of the nail, horizontally or vertically. You can just as well bring a glimmer of brilliance by putting a point on each nail. It gives free rein to imagination and varies the way you use your favorite nail polish.
Some magnetic nail models are very elegant and also very easy to highlight. This is done using a magnetic maze and a manicure magnet. Magnetic patterns can be made in several directions, but also combinations of colors, depending on your preference.
71. Light nail shades on accent manicure
72. Lily nails expressing serenity and playfulness
73. Metallic silver lines on peach nails
74. Pink nails with stripes and metallic lines
75. Accent mirror nail and matching additions
76. Dark pastel nails with a nice shine
77. Simple palm trees nail design
78. Elegant matte nails with holographic accessories
79. Nail lacquer in a light shade of blue
80. Nails covered with layers of lacquer and glitter
Hollywood Stars Wear Neon Nail Polish
A beautiful tan and a sexy bathing suit fit perfectly with a manicure in a strong hue of pink, orange, blue, yellow or green. Neon nail polish has become a must-have every summer for years.
And stars love a neon manicure, but not just on the beach. In fact, they also wear it on the red carpet. Here are the nuances chosen by some of the Hollywood stars:
The former supermodel wore a very strong yellow shade that matched her top. If you want to try a yellow manicure, choose a nail polish with a lot of pigment. If the lacquer is slightly transparent, the effect will be unpleasant and your nails will not look healthy.
Coral red and every hue of orange are also trendy this summer. Try a nuance like actress Cameron Diaz on the beach as well as at any special event that you attend. It will help give a colorful drop to completely black outfits, as in this actress’s case.
Katy Perry loves bold colors. She tries them not only on her nails, but also in her makeup and hair. The star prefers yellow, intense pink and neon blue.
American singer Keri Hilson tried the orange nail lacquer, which fits perfectly on her long nails.
Neon pink is one of this star’s favorite nuances. The singer Ciara opted for glowing nails painted with a bright pink nail polish.
81. Summer colors gradient on nails
82. Flawless shiny short white nails
83. Delicate nude pink for short nails
84. Matte lily nails with purple glitter designs
85. Match and combine 2019’s summer nail colors
86. Classical manicure with a ruby shade
87. Nude nails don’t go out of fashion
88. Simple nude nails stay fashionable
89. Bright pink for a girly pedicure
90. Pearl nail lacquer combined with shiny pink
Matte Nail Colors for the Summer
That type of nail polish that dries matte is especially helpful when trying to create special models on nails. You can combine shiny lacquers with matter lacquers, according to the result you want to achieve. When everything shines around you, you can opt for less glam with light matte colors this summer.
91. The simplest matte manicure
92. Accent nail with colorful dots
93. Half moon effect done with baby blue nail polish
The half moon is a suitable model for short nails, especially if they are slightly rounded. The crescent motif will always stretch the nail and give it a very neat look. This motif is made very easy and consists of applying a transparent base to the surface above the cuticle, this semi-circular surface. The crescent shape can be adjusted according to the preferences of each and can also be placed in another nail angle.
94. Getting the Christmas chills back
95. The kind of yellow nails that stand out
96. French manicure with delicate ornaments on an accent nail
97. Manicure that matches the makeup
98. Nude nail colors alternating on each fingernail
99. Light blue on perfectly groomed nails
100. Decorative stones and cold nuances glitter on nails
101. Nails similar to the color of sea
102. Fresh look with peach nails and flower drawings
103. Olive green embellishes nails too
104. Watercolors dripping on an immaculate white
105. Out of this world blue nails and one amazing accent model
106. Icy colors to cool in the summer
107. Glittery half moons on pale pink nails
108. Short fingernails with blue hues
109. Shiny pale blue nail polish
110. Accent nail with gray glitter on
Wear Less Rhinestones on Nails This Summer
Nail rhinestones will also be in vogue in 2019. However, they now have to be used in moderation, without making the nails look too loaded. Crystals and pebbles must be applied with good taste and refinement, without creating an ostentatious pattern, which is too obvious.
111. Three dark blue nails in contrast with two white colored ones
112. White, nude and glitter on nails
113. Neon blue on nicely manicured nails
114. Pale summer nail colors
115. Short white nails with a delicate blue nuance
For those of you who are not adepts of long nails, there is good news! An extraordinary variety of models and colors for short nails is available in 2019. Either because you simply don’t like long nails or because they are uncomfortable, you should keep them short if that’s how you like them.
However, in order to achieve the right model, your short nails should be healthy, nicely shaped and so on. Since it’s summer, you can simply add color on them and keep their length.
116. The type of yellow that says summer
117. Four different summer nail colors with names
118. Rainbow colors on one hand
119. Really long neon blue nails
120. Nude nails with golden accessories
121. Copper nails for a nice tanned skin
122. The type of pink made for nails
123. Neutral color that matches the summer
124. Four types of nail colors combined
125. Mirror nails and matte nails
126. Mother of pearl nails
127. Two accent nails combined with a shiny purple
128. Orange nails and flowers on black background
129. Infinite shine on pink nails
130. When blue meets black
131. Gorgeous red gel nails and an accent nail
132. Palm trees are this summer’s symbol
Besides all fruity pattern drawn on nails during the past years, there is now a symbol that repeats itself. We are talking about the palm tree and the fact that many women chose it these days. Most nail fashionistas might already by bored of pretty little flowers or fruits painted on their nails. So, they now opt for palm trees.
This might actually be 2019’s summer symbol for nails, so don’t hesitate to try it yourself and see how you feel and how the others react seeing it.
Summer Nail Colors for Everyone
Tendencies often change when it comes to all types of fashion. Some of you might feel out of fashion because you still like past year’s trends. Even if things are really like this, you can bring your preferences up to date by combining an old nail style that you like with an element of novelty.
Neon nail polish and glitter will definitely draw attention to you. If that’s not what you’re going for, then try multicolored nails, matte nails, negative space nails in summer colors or even an inverted French manicure in summer colors.
Your options are not limited at all. Use the ideas you’ve seen above to create a manicure that represents your style and your preferences. The whole idea is not to copy what others get, but to create your own combination of colors and patterns.
Summer is around the corner, so start shopping for summer nail colors as soon as you possibly can!