Bowl cut trend used to be reserved only for nine-year-old boys. But the 80s inspired hairstyle is now making a comeback. In fact, fashion icons and celebrities Miley Cyrus, Ruby Rose, and Rihanna have put their own spin on the look. They added different elements to the nostalgic haircut and sporting it in unexpected ways. If you want to take some risk on your haircut, keep on reading for the edgy ways to rock bowl cut hairstyles for women.
It is called a bowl cut as the hair looks like a bowl is placed on top of the head. Cut in short length for an edgy look. The cut is normally seen on models and other famous celebrities and public figures. These days though, bowl cut hairstyles have been making huge waves again.
Although this hairstyle used to be famous among men, it eventually became a household name among women too – in all walks of life. Culturally, the hairstyle was a normal haircut although, in some cultures, it was an embodiment of poverty. So, if someone wore the haircut, it could mean that the person cannot afford to get a decent hairstyle.
On the bright side, the bowl cut has been popular and is now very trendy, especially among ramp models. There have been a lot of hairstyles that also made way to the limelight, including the short hairstyles. For others, this haircut may sound impractical, but hairstyles are meant for fashion and beauty.
The versatility of bowl cut hairstyles
With fashion and beauty being involved, we are taking part in bringing this popular childhood haircut in style. Ranging from classic and modern bowl cut that includes punky razor cut, layered cut, gothic style and more, this is definitely great for fashion. For women, you can match this hairstyle with your daring stiletto nails or your gorgeous French tip nails.
Any style for bowl cut puts emphasis on any fashion that women love to try and these ideas bring flamboyance and class. This is one of the most impressive and unique haircuts that we see in the history of hairstyles. In this article, you will find tons of bowl cut hairstyles that you can trust on your next makeover.
But it’s not just about the ideas and hairstyles that we would want to bring you. We will also provide you some tips and guidelines on how to maintain your hairstyle. As such, hair care and great products and tools are also included. We are certain you would love to hear these things to help you keep your hair healthy and strong at the same time.
This haircut may have been a big refusal from the naysayers, but it has been paving its way back to the fashion world. Showcasing its rarity and advanced beauty, the bowl cut could be your hairstyle. Not just this summer, but also in any season.
To keep you inspired and help you with the right hairstyle for your bowl cut, here are the gorgeous photos for you. We have rounded up these amazing photos for your inspiration.
Check out these eye-popping bowl cut hairstyles.
Gorgeous bowl cut hairstyles that you’ll love
Summer or not, the bowl cut hairstyles are unbelievably chic and trendy you wouldn’t want to refuse. The enormous style that it offers will bring back both elegance and vogue that it had back in the 80s.
With the classic style, hairstylists have a classy and modern approach to it, making it hard to describe as old school. So, for those who are willing to chop off their locks to get a makeover, here is the list that we have for you.
- Short bowl cut with undercut
- Platinum blonde buzz undercut
- Pastel lilac buzzed with layered sides
- Shaved sides with blunt bangs
- Thick spiky hair with shaved sides
- Silver asymmetrical side cut
- Simple blonde undercut
- Full-bodied cut with dark roots and pastel pink ends
- Naturally wavy hair with cut sides
- Two-toned undercut with shaved sides
- Black gothic style cut
- Punky brunette razors
- Icy blonde undercut
- Winter-cap inspired cut
- Ball of a wool-inspired bowl cut
- Auburn hue with blunt long bangs
- Heart-shaped cut
- Bleached cut with dark roots
- Ruby Rose-inspired dark bowl cut
- Layered cut with extra-blunt bangs
- Sleek color-popping cut with subtle green highlights
- Frosty blonde and dark roots
- Gothic cut with choppy short bangs
- Black sparse hair
- Modern-day ice blonde
- Dark lowlights and blonde highlights
- Full-bodied curled twigs
- Sky blue hue
- Tapered cut in silver ash-blonde
- The monk, Vikings-inspired ‘do
- Voluminous slits
- Round bowl cut
- Cool haircut with shaved sides
- Provocative dark howl cut
- Caramel-brown foyalage
- Rihanna’s honey-gold bowl cut
- China doll-inspired haircut
- Riri’s classic side-swept feathers
- Fierce red-auburn mullet ‘do
- Sleek long cap with golden highlights
- Vibrant crimson red shade with dark horizontal highlights
- Flat, rolled edges bob
- Side-swept boyish cut
- Ash-blonde foyalage highlights with dark lowlights
- Jennifer Hudson’s light waves
- Breezy modern chocolate vibes
- Saucy tapered cut with a blonde undertone
- Sleek, shiny bowl cut
- K-Pop-inspired hair
How to maintain the bowl cut
Regardless of your hairstyle, upkeeping plays a vital role in promoting hair growth. Our hair might be technically dead compared to other body parts, but amazingly, it needs maintenance.
With proper hair care, you will be able to maintain your bowl cut with ease. There are so many options when it comes to hair products and you only have to get the right one for you.
If you are considering the bowl cut, or if you are considering wearing one, keep these tips and guidelines in mind to maintain it.
- Commitment is important. With the length that needs to be cut with a bowl cut, you will have to commit. Remember that it will take up to 18 months before you can get a mid-length hair again. So, before getting an appointment, think a few times.
- Prepare your hair. As soon as you have decided to get a bowl cut, get your hair ready for the appointment. It doesn’t need bleaching, but you can moisturize your hair overnight with hot oil treatment for a smooth haircut.
- Speak with your hairstylist first. You may need to speak with your hairdresser before scheduling an appointment for a haircut. Bring some photo inspiration with you and show it to the hairstylist to ensure that he knows what style you would want to have.
- Get the earliest or latest appointment. Hairstylists are enthusiastic early in the morning and are no longer busy at least an hour or two before they close the salon. Get an appointment during these hours.
- Trim your hair regularly. To maintain healthy hair, you will need to have it trimmed at least every four to six weeks. Your hair grows at least an inch between those weeks. If you want to maintain the length of your bowl cut, you will need to see your hairstylist on a regular basis.
Best hair products for short hairstyles like the bowl cut
Chic and sexy – these are just among the great descriptions for the bowl cut hairstyles. If you are one of those who have taken the plunge, you will need the best hair products to maintain your hairstyle. You can find these products online or at the physical stores that sell hair products.
Maintaining your hair need not be expensive. There are so many options available in the market that you can try. Just ensure that you get the ones that are safe to use – those that don’t harm your hair in any possible way.
Check these must-have products and get your bathroom organizer filled with these.
- L’Oreal Paris Sleek It Iron Straight Heat Spray for straight hair. For a sleeker and shinier straight hair, you can use this heat spray even if you don’t iron it.
- Amika Mini Coral Pink Styler for those who want to style their hair on the go. Any section of your hair can go with this mini styler anywhere you go. Take this with you if you want to be as stylish as possible anytime and anywhere.
- Short Sexy Hair Slept In Texture for healthier tresses. To keep your bowl cut conditioned and thickened at the same time, apply this texturizing cream. It can give you tousled and voluminous tresses that you can be proud of.
- Marilyn Brush New Yorker to even out your hair’s natural oil. For this brush, it can help shell out all the natural oil that your hair produces for a healthier scalp and strands. And if you are planning to grow your hair, this would be a big help too. It can also stir your scalp out for faster hair growth.
- Oribe Thick Dry Finishing Spray to maintain a voluminous hair. If you are wary about having short hair that falls dull and flat, you can use this spray. It can hold natural density that helps you go through the day.
Maintain your chic bowl cut look like no other
- Olivine Atelier Love + Salt Beach Hair and Body Mist to give you stunning beach waves. If you are a water person who loves hitting the beach, this would be your ultimate on the go mist. It has Himalayan pink salt that keeps your hair frizz-free.
- Kevin.Murphy Smooth.Again.Wash to distribute your hair moisture. This shampoo contains vitamin E, murumuru seed butter, and restorative monoi oil that keeps frizziness and dullness at bay.
- TIGI Bed Head Hair Stick for styling and texturizing your hair. Because it’s a stick, you can bring this anywhere in handy to create a more textured hair with great styling.
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo for the non-wash days. It isn’t advisable to wash or shampoo your hair every single day as it will hurdle the production of your hair’s natural oil. Living Proof’s dry shampoo will be an ultimate savior during the days that you don’t wash your hair. It cleanses your hair as if you wash it with water and shampoo.
More gorgeous bowl cut hairstyles
While others would think that the bowl cut is weird and impractical, you may want to reconsider this hairstyle these days. Extra-short hair requires nothing, but low maintenance and very on the go. It’s low-key and doesn’t need too much of your time when you need to style it on a daily basis.
There is plenty of this hairstyle that you can choose from and these inspirations we are showing you are all pretty and advanced. Even the ones that look old school, you can trust that this has a touch of modern-day style and elegance.
Here’s another list of the bowl cut hairstyles that you can consider on your next makeover.
- Smooth medium-sized undercut
- Dark curls
- Ash-blonde round undercut
- Enticing lengthy sweeps with highlights
- Icy cool undertone
- Combed down hipster cut
- Curled side-swept cut
- Bright and funky shades
- Leopard print-inspired
- Chestnut brown with spiky bangs
- Pink and orange combo with undercut
- Soft brunette with full bangs
- Neat and silky spikes
- Crinkled dark and light blonde edges
- Rihanna’s two-tone bowl cut
- Flaming hot red tone undercut
- Kids’ bowl cut
- Ash-purple tone
- Blazing silk red with shaved sides
- Mushroom style
- Dazzling missed curls with visible undercut
- Flaming red undercut bowl
- Disheveled bowl cut
- Multicolored and textured bowl cut
- Kristen Wiig-inspired bowl
- Bowl cut with classy tail on the sides
- Raspberry highlights
- Vintage monochrome ambiance
- Straight, flat caramel-washed bowl
- Miley Cyrus-inspired bowl cut
- Chic golden-honey bowl
- Red-chestnut with sweeping sides
- Blonde medium-shaped bowl
- Jagged bowl cut
- Grass green tones
- Sport vibe bowl undercut
- Classic blonde bowl hairdo
- Rectangle-shaped bowl
- Honey brown face-framing bowl cut
There might be a lot more of bowl cut hairstyles that we missed to mention on this list, but these are already among the gorgeous ones. If you are thinking about this already, saved the photos that you may like and show them to your hairstylist before getting an appointment.
Don’t forget to be creative and playful when it comes to this hairstyle as it has been making a huge comeback this year. Check out more of our photo inspiration below and learn more hair products for your stunning bowl cut.
More effective hair products for your bowl cut
These bowl cut hairstyles are already making us consider to wear one. Why not? With its chic and unique styles, we might just consider getting an appointment with our hairstylist.
Although it requires low-key maintenance, upkeeping is still a need. The best hair products have been shown on this page, but we have a lot more to give you for your ease.
There are a lot of ways to style your bowl cut, but you will need great hair products to maintain the style that you like. Hair sprays, lotions, gels, and more are among the necessities for any hair type or style.
Keep these products in mind so you can check these the next time you shop for your hair styling.
- Kevin.Murphy Super.Goo Firm Hold Rubbery Gel
- Aquage Sea Salt Texturizing Spray
- OGX Creamy Hair Butter
- L’Oreal Ever Curl Sulfate-free Leave-in Cream
- Redken Sea Salt Fashion Waves Hair Spray
- Aveda Control Paste Definition With Pliable Hold
- Bumble and Bumble Sumo Wax
- Fatboy Sea Salt Pomade
- Kenra Platinum Dry Texture Defining Spray
- Sexy Hair Big Sexy Hair Powder
- Axe Messy Look Hair Gel
- Moroccan Oil Curl Control Mousse
- Not Your Mother’s Soft Waves Sea Salt Spray
- Johnson’s Baby Tear-Free Shampoo
- Kristin Ess Depth Defining Pomade
- Redken Stay High Mousse
- Pillow Soft Rollers
- BaByliss Mini Straightening Iron
- L’Oreal Paris Air Dry It Ruffled Body Mousse
- Kerastase Soleil Huile Sirene: Beach Bi-Phase Oil Mist
- AGHair Texture Sea Spray Beachy Wave Finish
- Sun Bum Curls & Waves Styling Cream
- Aveda Be Curly Enhancer
- Kerastase Nutritive 8H Magic Night Serum
- R+Co BALLOON Dry Volume Spray
- Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil
- Sun Bum Heat Protector Spray
- Fudge Hair Shaper Strong Hold Texturizing Cream
- Aveda Smooth Infusion Nourishing Styling Cream
- De Lorenzo Elements Clay Medium Hold Gel
- Shu Uemura Art of Hair Volume Maker
- Eleven Australia Dry Powder Volume Paste
- Mr. Smith Shaper
- Wella Professionals EIMI Sugar Lift
- Label M Sea Salt Spray
- Mr. Smith Style Cream
- Less Is More Honeywax
Would you take the plunge?
Bowl cut hairstyles are bold, daring, and offers uniqueness. Any hairstyle with this haircut will put emphasis on how brave it is in engaging someone to stand firm in sporting the haircut. Thus, it definitely takes a lot of courage to chop your hair off for this haircut.
Nonetheless, you have seen many celebrities and fashion icons sporting this hairstyle with pride. Ruby Rose and Rihanna are two of the most influential celebrities, donning this haircut with a bold fashion statement. Many women have definitely got this haircut on them and they all possess a great fashion sense.
It’s very straightforward and those who love fiery fashion should not let this hairstyle pass without trying. There are tons of ways to style the bowl cut hairstyles, giving you ease and comfort.
So, if you are thinking about this, make sure to enjoy the journey and impose proper maintenance to keep your hair healthy.
What’s your favorite bowl cut hairstyle in this list? Show us some love in the comments below!