Hi All: What are your top 5 items for 2010? I am dying to know what others are loading up on for this spring and year – there are so many choices, I think, that work for lots of us!
Here are mine:
1. Anything Alice in Wonderland – whether it's the Stella McCartney inspired by collection or the Tom Binns (among others) bracelets, I am all for a character tie in that is chic instead of shabby. We can all thank Tim Burton for this new take on an old classic, which will take us down the rabbit hole of fashion!
2. Military – khaki green is the chicest color, I think (maybe navy blue gets a run for the money) and paired with a metallic, it's over the moon. I am on the hunt for an army green pencil skirt that I want to pair with my Hermes buckled belt (note that I did in fact take the buckle off the belt and put it on a much more casual one – it's in my closet for you to see) and white shirt with LOTS of gold jewelry.
3. Silk shirts with cardigan sweaters over them. I know, it's a two-fer. But this look is going to save me in winter and then come spring, I will jazz up the winter colors with spring pops of color. I like the silk tops at J. Crew for price and colors, and then the cardigans at The Gap (finally getting back their mojo…!) for the same reasons.
4. Spots! Leopard, Cheetah, Giraffe (not a spot, more a blob, but gorgeous). All things animal work as a great pattern in almost any color – and are a perfect way to go from day to night. Do it as a belt or shoe if you are afraid of it overwhelming, or go for a full on look if you dare!
5. Lightweight leather. It can be pricey, so best to save for a jacket or the like that can go from winter to spring – so a cut and color that looks good open, closed or layered, to get the most bang for your buck. I like a carmel color, which works well with chocolate browns and grays for winter and whites and creams and picks for spring.
What are your must-haves?